Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Skunk attack, Hotel Kachina, Taos Pueblo

Well it didn't go so well last night.  At about 11pm out in the parking lot of the Hotel Kachina I heard two dogs fighting.  15 minutes later the smell of skunk entered my room.   In the morning I saw what happened.  Behind my truck was a skunk with his insides on the outside. There was blood on my truck and my Ducati.  The clerk at the hotel desk got into a wordsfight with the janitor who said it wasn't his problem.  I washed the truck but it still smells inside.  The skunk was still there when I left two hours later. No pictures of that.  I figured no one would want see skunk guts.
 Down the hall to the Kachina Inn Cafe.  Biscuits and gravy day one and Spanish Omelette day two.
 Taos Pueblo blue doors.  I intentionally included alot of sky.
 This dog laid here for 2-3 hours and never moved. He's not dead.


I shot the camera out level so too much foreground is there. I'll crop that off.  I shot it out level so as not to distort the building.

2 comments:

  1. I love these blue doors. There must be some significance - the sky, heaven, or water. Maybe there's a blessing when you walk through the blue door.
    I think that's the same dog you shot a few years ago in the Pueblo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary: I think you are right about the blue doors mirroring the blue sky in some spiritual way. Just about everything at the Pueblo has some of spiritual significance. That would really cool if it's the same dog as in the photo from two years ago. Paul

      Delete