Sunday, November 1, 2015

Drama in the Dunes

I hiked to the top of the highest sand dune in N.America and ate my turkey/cheese sandwich and surrounded a Beck's. I shot photos for hours until the sun set. But then I got lost. I was four rows of dunes in and when I tried to walk out I went over 8 rows of dunes. By that point it was really dark and I couldn't find the spot I was supposed to cross the stream.














I was 'rescued' by a young couple. They had a GPS and they found the parking lot for me. They said they were getting married tomorrow. I got an email from them just now with my picture on top of a sand dune.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Great Sand Dunes National Park Colorado

2 comments:

  1. That's really scary! They were your guardian angels, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's probably true.
    That's how those things working isn't it? I forget how risky the wilderness can be. It's like "what could happen to me?" Well I could be severely damaged or dead under the right circumstances.

    ReplyDelete